Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Heading on out

5:07am: Woke up at 4:30, and just did the final weigh in. My saddle bags are packed with 30 pounds. This does not include water, or my tent and sleeping bag, which weigh less then 5 pounds combined, that are bungeed on my back rack. I think we're ready to go-lots of phone calls last night (sorry if I missed anyone), one last diner stop with a yummy rootbeer float, and some good New Jersey pizza. Not nearly enough sleep, but the adrenaline will get us through the morning at least!

We'll be stopping at libraries along the way, and plugging our phones in where we can, so I'll be in touch. In the esteemed words of Clark W. Griswald (thanks Dia), I leave you with a parting thought "This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. I'm gonna have fun... "

3 comments:

Suzanne Lowell said...

woo hoo! i woke up at 7:30 and thought -- wow, jules, armin, and ross have been on the road now for 2 hours. 60 miles today? you should be finished in 6 hours, with breaks? you should be resting by 1 pm? come on, you can bike for longer than that! hope you're having fun!

Karlati said...

You are a stronger woman than I, Jules. Rock ON! Have a great time and I'll see ya in Chicago!

--Jarlath

Marta said...

everyone i cross paths with is very impressed with you. yeah, i work it into pretty much every conversation that my friend is biking across the country this summer!